Community Health Centers of South Central Texas, Inc.is currently seeking a Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist for our Seguin Family Health Center location.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist is responsible for but not limited to the following.
- Screens patients for services needed.
- Sets up exam room with needed supplies.
- Checks, maintains, and documents services in patient medical records.
- Assist providers in exam room.
- Correctly identifies the patient using two forms of ID prior to sample collection.
- Collects the appropriate amount of blood by venipuncture or dermal puncture.
- Selects the correct containers for specified tests.
- Labels each specimen with correct and required information.
- Ensures timely transportation of specimens.
- Processes specimens for transport to outside labs.
- Maintains records for accuracy.
- Complies with all safety regulations
Spanish a plus.