Community Health Centers of South Central Texas administers and maintains its program of primary and secondary care, and preventive dental care, in a community health center setting.
We are currently seeking Dentists in our Victoria, TX clinic to perform the following duties:
1. Thoroughly diagnose patients' dental needs and formulate individualized treatment plans.
2. Effectively answer patient questions and address any concerns.
3. Thoroughly educate patients about oral hygiene and health.
4. Ensure thorough documentation of patient charts which includes medical history, existing conditions and previous dental work.
5. Provide treatment to manage and/or eliminate dental disease, restore tooth function and aesthetics, and prevent future disease and/or decay.
6. Effectively communicate with Dental Assistant and/or Hygienist regarding patient care and concerns.
7. Provide each patient with a complete evaluation and treatment plan which includes an explanation of services, fees and payment policy.
8. Conduct clinical duties in a manner consistent with appropriate policies, protocols and procedures, and in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards quality standards, including those established by the Community Health Centers.
9. Conduct clinical duties in a manner that complies with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures that govern the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care.
10. Refer patients to an appropriate specialist within the market when necessary.
11. Maintain HIPAA standards of privacy and confidentiality.
12. Perform additional duties that are normally associated with this position, as assigned.
DDS or DMD, or foreign equivalent degree, plus 1 year of professional clinical experience in a public health environment.
Unrestricted License to practice Dentistry in the State of Texas.
Knowledge of HIPAA standards of privacy and confidentiality.
Maintenance of Continuing Dental Education (CDE) to ensure compliance with license requirements.
Maintenance of licensure to ensure qualification for FTCA malpractice insurance.
Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. In this context, suitable means substantially compatible with stated academic level and experience requirements and ability to perform the job duties.
Job Site: 2805 N. Navarro Street, Suite 320, Victoria, TX 77901.
No travel; no telecommuting.
Mail Resumes To: ATTN: Human Resources, Community Health Centers of South Central Texas, Inc., 228 St. George Street, Gonzales, TX 78629.
No calls or emails. EOE.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Fill out the following application and email to [email protected]
Click Below to Open Application,
or click here to Save it.
To open the file you must have Adobe Reader or a alternative PDF Reader\Editer installed.
Or you can visit this site using the Google Chrome browser.