We have Behavioral Health services at each of our clinic sites. We offer unconventional hours to meet the needs of patients seeking these services. Staff are always willing to assist clients with the registration process. Privacy is ensured by our staff and our commitment to those we care for.
The Behavioral Health Consultation Service is now being offered through a unique and exciting collaboration between the Gonzales Community Health Center and Bluebonnet Trails Community Services.
WHAT Is The Behavioral Health Consultation Service?
WHO Is The Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC)?
- We’re making the Behavioral Health Consultation Service available to you in our Gonzales Community Health Care Center, as a part of your comprehensive health care benefit. The service offers help when stress, worry, or emotional concerns about physical or other life problems interfere with your daily life.
WHAT Problems Can the BHC Help Me With?
- The BHC is a licensed professional trained to work as a member of your primary care team. This team approach allows us to consider physical, behavioral, and emotional aspects of your health.
- For example, the BHC can help you develop plans for smoking cessation or other lifestyle changes. She can also help you with emotional or behavioral problems such as difficulties with your family or relationships, grief, excess stress, depression, anxiety, or anger.
HOW is this Service Different from Mental Health?
- The BHC simply adds another option for your complete health care. You are seen directly in the primary care clinic. The BHC provides consultation and brief intervention, not traditional psychotherapy. If you request it, or the BHC thinks you would benefit from it, you will be referred to specialty mental health services.
WHAT Should I Expect When I See the BHC?
- Your BHC will ask you specific questions about your physical symptoms, the emotional concerns you are experiencing, your behaviors, and how all of these might be related.
- Your appointments should last about 30 minutes or less. Your BHC will provide brief, solution-focused skills and techniques. You can expect to be seen in this clinic. The BHC will have a close working relationship with your primary medical provider and keep them updated on how you are doing. Remember: Your primary care provider and you are still the leaders of your health care team. The BHC’s main job is to help develop and implement the most helpful healthcare plan for YOU!